Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Blog Post #3


I have chosen this picture because it comes off as very intriguing and meaningful to me. As I analyzed the picture, I realized that it mocks the creation of the universe. From a religious point of view, the world was created by God; He is known to have created the heavens and the earth. He is the beginning of all things in existence. I think that this picture is a tribute to this idea based on the set up and arrangements the artists included. While analyzing this picture, the first thing I noticed was the young girl playing the flute while dressed in fancy attire. I also noticed that as the young girl plays the flute, she is producing different sceneries such as space, the sea, land, and all that is relatable to each.


At first glance, this picture seems overwhelming but the more I ponder upon the picture I feel a sense of peace. The color scheme of the picture gradually changes from left to right. The picture changes from a darker color scheme in outer space and the ocean to a bright and colorful color scheme on land. Now, human interaction with earth is depicted on both the sea and land. However, the only people that appear are women. The picture containing nothing but women helps give off a sense of peace. Butterflies, which are generally symbols of peace, aid to the idea of peace in the picture. The flowers have castles that appear to be growing from within the flower which signifies the act of development in community. This picture is showing unity with incorporating all aspects of the universe in one picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment