Friday, October 21, 2016

"Infinite Justice" by Sendy's


+
I wanted to do my visual analysis on some type of graffiti because I love how creative graffiti can be. Therefore, I went on the internet and seen this picture that caught my eye instantly and just knew I wanted to challenge myself with this work. This picture has different ideas into the painting so it can mean different thing. I started breaking this photo down  with first the title of the image. It says infinite justice and I saw the statue of liberty. I came up with the idea that has something to do with freedom. However, I did notice a gun in the statue right hand and the statue it self was set on fire. it had me thinking that those two sign means something went wrong basically. I had to look even deeper for the understanding of the work, so I started looking at the color that this person presented with. Normally, statue of liberty is green and looks full of life. This statue of liberty shows the complete opposite of the original. The colors was very dark colors being use to show that freedom don't exist because it is dead. Especially, when freedom is burning in hot bright colors flames. Consequently, I noticed the picture had words on it, but wasn't in English. I translated these words on google translator and it read out that "Justice in the name of freedom?" I didn't have a clue what none of this means even the book she holding is off because the book of  the original statue of liberty has a book that means July 4, 1776. Nevertheless, that means we declared freedom from Great Britain. Although this statue says something different, I couldn't find the meaning of No Lex In conclusion, this can mean that a country in the world do not thinks there free even if they claimed to be and that demand freedom or they would die trying. Even if it means going to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment