Friday, September 30, 2016

Hero

"Hero” is a pop song that Mariah Carrey sang in 20th century. This song is the second song in Carey's third studio album called "Music Box”, also composed by Walter Afanasieff and Mariah Carey.
I noticed this song because of my idol, Michael Jordan, who is a famous basketball player. He used this song as the theme of his retirement concert. After that I started to listen to this song, and I find out that this song usually appeared in various occasions, such as some awards ceremonies, Mariah’s charity concerts, and some America presidents’ speeches. Obviously, this song not only caught my ears, but also be popular among people all over the world.

The lyrics were about that we are our own hero. When you face to difficulties, one does not give up hope easily. In other words, Life is full of up and down, thick and thin. Sometimes people may feel life is too hard to carry on, especially when someone is sick, someone passed-away in your family, sometimes your friends betrayed you, or some people go bankrupt. The song ‘Hero’ encourages people to be strong and tough, to have a fighter’s spirits. Every time when I feel down, I will listen to Hero. And told to myself a sentence which is in this song:” So when you feel like hope is gone look inside you, and be strong and you'll finally see the truth”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ

No comments:

Post a Comment